Saturday, February 11, 2017

Take the Back Seat

All I know is that I got two souls. It’s like looking at your slipper and you see a shoe and it’s yours but it’s just a foot. Immigration is like a car share service. They pick up two passengers and then are asked if you could change seats with the passenger, but I’m already too comfortable, you know, with my bags under my feet and headphones blasting the music I like; Nope, I do not want to move so the pair could be together! Am I heartless? I did not care that the pair would be separated. I wanted the back seat. The driver got my response and went with it. She drove. She parked. She dropped them off. She drove again. She picked up another couple on the way to dropping me off. She told them that they would have to be separated for the ride. That was all. She drove. She dropped me off and I made it home. A family separated by a backseat passenger is selfish but comfort is law. I mean I’m okay with it.  Maybe it's just right and not selfish. I mean, there's no seating chart. The law is there to help us. Comfort is there because of choice. We choose our seat nowadays and our laws. Step with soul, or be soulless. All I'm saying is that we all still have seats whether we get them by choice or discomfort, we can sit through the ride. If you get separated, you are still part of the ride. If you get deported, you ride has ended and you have been dropped off. Next couples, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment