Friday, March 14, 2014

For An Old Friend

WARNING
Here It Goes:

The worst part isn't your hypocrisy,
but that I believed you.
I sat here
crying,
wondering why I have failed,
but did I?
So I made a decision that differs from the norm.
Haven’t you?
No?
Fuck you!
You call yourself my friend
but you judge me like no other.
I’ve felt marginalized for most of my life,
I don’t need your consent to know I exist!
I’m not an idiot,
I know what you’re thinking,
but I won’t let your thoughts define me.
Be sure that there’s no anger here,
just frustration for your silence.
I’m not going to fulfill your prophecy,
I’ll break out of the cycle you see me caged in;
I’ll find a way out of my “troubles”,
but you-
Well, I see you have bigger problems-
And I-
Well, I just wish you well
my friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment