I'm a Vegan! It's been exactly one day actually. I'm so proud of myself. And although I had to make a chuck steak dinner for my family tonight, I only ate vegan food all day. I ate apple slices and dairy-free yogurt for breakfast. I ate seasoned tofu and a veggie medley for lunch. Dinner was three small meals. I bought a side salad from Sharky's and ate my salad inside the nail salon I had just got my mani-pedi in. After the nail salon, I thought about food. So my second meal an hour later was a portion of vegan fried rice with "chicken" and a side of brussel sprouts. Lastly, my third meal was a plate of pinto beans and green chili salsa my mom made that sent me home and was definitely for the win. As I cooked the chuck steak, my mom added garlic slices. I must confess. I love garlic. So to my plate of pinto beans I added the garlic cloves and so in all its juices, I picked the garlic pieces and added them to my dish. I admit, animal fat is cool and all but I didn't really taste the meat juice as much as I tasted the garlic. Yes! But I did eat something today that was marinating in beef juices.
Update: I ate a midnight mango with chamoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment